Since 1950 we have been in the business to pay claims. For four generations we have been treating people the way we would want to be treated.
Meet our Team
Our mission is to exceed our customers’ expectations through continuous contact with customers apprising them of developments in their insurance coverage realities.
Throughout our 68 year history we have had a solid representation of insurers.
Douglas Van Helden
- Bachelor of Science (Geology) U.B.C.
- M.B.A.(Finance and Marketing) St Mary’s University (Halifax) 1989
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) of the Insurance Institute of Canada
- Insurance Broker’s Association of Alberta
- Associate of the Insurance Institute of Canada
- Canadian Society of Petroleum Geology (CSPG) Geologists
- Director at Insurance Brokers Association of Alberta
- Oil and Gas Geologist 1984 to 1989
- Commercial Banking: Toronto-Dominion Bank 1989 to 1990
- Van Helden Agencies Ltd.: 1990 to present
Insurance experience: since 1990
Oil & Gas Industry Experience: since 1984
Customer Service and Office Staff
Daniel Van Helden B. Sc. – Account Executive
With Van Helden since 2018
Oil and Gas Underwriter, Chubb Insurance 2016-2018
Bachelor of Science (Geology) University of Alberta 2016
Memberships: Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists