The insurance coverage for your home, vehicle, business or recreational property may change from time to time. Van Helden Agencies will use our web site to keep you abreast of any developments, as well as tips for how you can reduce your risk of loss or damage.
More about our Recreational Property Insurance services
Protecting Your Vacation Home
Many insurers provide only limited coverage for vacation homes, though unfortunately these getaways are much more likely to suffer a serious loss due to fire, burglary or weather than your primary home.
We handle Chubb Insurance, which understands the role of your vacation home in your family’s life, to protect them against the unthinkable. Chubb’s Masterpiece Homeowners Policy protects your vacation home the same way it protects a primary home. It provides the same comprehensive coverage, the same excellent service and the same unparalleled claims response
Features unique to a Vacation Home
A Chubb Masterpiece Vacation Home policy offers a number of features specific to vacation homes:
- Extended Replacement Cost for vacation homes, so if your home is destroyed, Chubb will pay to rebuild it, regardless of the expense
- Rebuilding to Code Coverage, for those vacation homes have been around for decades, where rebuilding a destroyed home must be to newer municipal and environmental by-laws.
- Replacement Cost on Contents: Receive replacement value for contents that are lost, stolen or damaged at your vacation home.
- Ask if your policy covers water pipes that sometimes freeze in extreme weather. Is your vacation home protected against damage from the weight of snow or ice?
- With Chubb, you may choose a Cash Option, and use the money to repair or replace what has been lost.
- Check that your insurance protects outbuildings, including boathouses, docks, satellite dishes and other outside structures. Are you covered for their replacement cost?